Project Manager, Resilience
Anika is a Project Manager for IISD and works with the Resilience and Energy programs. Her work has focused on the green economy, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), North American climate change mitigation policies, as well as adaptation and resilience-building in developing countries and Canada. Her previous work in sustainable development includes experience in the Manitoba Eco-Network’s Water and Climate Change program and as a member of the Manitoba Roundtable for Sustainable Development. Anika was also an accredited Youth Delegate to the UNFCCC COP 17 in Durban, South Africa. Anika’s international training has given her strong intercultural experience that supports her work with diverse teams.
- ALivE: A new tool for Ecosystem-based AdaptationThere’s an urgent need to prepare ecosystems for climate change impacts. Healthy ecosystems are critical for sustaining livelihoods. They also increase our capacity to adapt to climate change.
- ALivE Adaptation, Livelihoods and Ecosystem Planning Tool: User ManualThe ALivE user manual provides detailed guidance on applying the computer-based ALivE tool designed to support the planning of effective and feasible ecosystem-based adaptation options.
- sNAPshot: Albania’s Approach to Integrating Adaptation into Domestic BudgetingBuilding on an earlier overview brief on domestic public finance options for NAPs, this sNAPshot takes a closer look at how Albania is integrating climate adaptation into its medium-term budget process.
- The Adaptive Watershed: Training program for inclusive, ecosystem-based watershed managementThe Adaptive Watershed (TAW) is watershed-based ecosystem management that explicitly addresses the need to understand and manage for a rapidly changing climate, while also incorporating the needs of vulnerable communities and women.
- Financing National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Processes: Contributing to the achievement of nationally determined contribution (NDC) adaptation goalsThis guidance note aims to assist countries with determining how to secure the financing for their National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes.
- The Vulnerability of Pakistan's Water Sector to the Impacts of Climate Change: Identification of gaps and recommendations for actionThis report explores the vulnerability of Pakistan’s water supply to climate change, noting potential changes in water availability, water demand, implications for key sectors, and strategies for addressing knowledge and capacity gaps.
- Connecting the Dots: How ecosystem services support adaptation to climate change What does Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) look like in practice? This blog looks at lessons from recent work in Nepal.
- Eight Ways Cities Are Building Climate ResilienceThis essay looks at eight examples drawn from the Building a Climate-Resilient City research series prepared for the City of Edmonton and the City of Calgary by the Prairie Climate Centre.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Disaster preparedness and emergency managementThis policy brief examines the potential implications of climate change for disaster preparedness and emergency management in Alberta’s cities, and presents options by which the resilience of these systems may be enhanced.
- Building a Climate-Resilient City: Urban ecosystemsThis policy brief focuses on measures related to urban ecosystems that cities can take to build their resilience to climate change.
- How Are Vulnerable Countries Adapting to Climate Change?How are vulnerable countries managing the impacts of climate change? Here is an overview of the trends that emerged from a review of 15 developing countries—along with our key takeaways.
- Trends in Adaptation Planning: Observations from a recent stock-taking reviewThis brief provides an overview of observed trends in adaptation action that emerged from a standardized review of efforts in 15 African and Asian countries.
- Taking Stock of Adaptation Progress: Some lessons and challengesOn November 4, the international community celebrated as the Paris Agreement came into effect.
- Making Every Drop Count: Pakistan’s growing water scarcity challengeCan climate change risks spur needed action?
- sNAPshot: Grenada's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsNo single approach to integrating climate adaptation considerations into sector planning exists...
- sNAPshot: Philippines's Approach to Initiating Sector Integration of Adaptation ConsiderationsThis sNAPshot looks at how the Philippines initiated sectoral integration of climate change adaptation considerations, and how this compares with approaches that other countries are
- New Study Sheds Light on Energy Sector’s Responses to Extreme Weather EventsHow was the energy sector in Canada affected by recent extreme weather events? How prepared was the sector to address these impacts?
- Extreme Climate Events and the Energy Sector in the Souris River Basin: Key stakeholder perspectivesImpacts of and responses to recent extreme weather events by the energy sector and local municipalities in the Souris River Basin.
- Fiscal Instruments in INDCs: How countries are looking to fiscal policies to support INDC implementationCountries are increasingly turning to the use of fiscal instruments to support low-carbon development and efforts to reduce emissions.