Pauline Gerrard is the Deputy Director of IISD Experimental Lakes Area (IISD-ELA). She works with the Executive Director, IISD-ELA, on overall strategic, financial and operational management of IISD-ELA. She is also responsible for board relations and liaison, theory of change progress tracking and monitoring, continued leadership of IISD-ELA’s outreach and education programming.
Ms. Gerrard’s educational background is in Environmental Science and Ecology, and she has extensive experience in program management and training program delivery, having worked from 2001-2010 for WWF in Laos as a program manager for both the Greater Mekong Program and WATER (Wastewater Treatment through Effective Wetland Restoration of That Luang Marsh).
Pauline has also worked as a consultant, research associate and field technician in forestry, fisheries management, wetlands restoration, natural resources management, biodiversity conservation and climate adaptation.
- A Year in the Life of the World’s Freshwater Laboratory: IISD Experimental Lakes Area Annual Report 2018-2019 IISD Experimental Lakes Area's 2018-2019 annual report is a handy wall calendar for 2020 that takes you through a year in the life of our research.
- From Canada’s Lakes to the World: IISD Experimental Lakes Area Annual Report 2017-2018 In this year's IISD-ELA annual report, we explore the impact that our research has had on the world’s fresh water over the last 50 years, what the future holds, and how we are celebrating our half century.
- How Scientific Knowledge Can and Should Guide Policy-Making Now that it is welcoming its first federal chief science advisor, Pauline Gerrard explains how Canada can best support and nurture its scientific community.
- Benefit Sharing and the Boreal Forest: Insights from case studies examining resource management and governance We explore case studies from across the globe of forest management models and determine their ability to successfully maintain ecological and cultural services in areas of resource growth.
- Opening Our Doors: IISD Experimental Lakes Area 2015-2016 Annual Report 2015-2016 was the year that IISD Experimental Lakes Area (IISD-ELA) truly opened its doors to the world.
- Understanding Adaptive Management and Resilience of Coastal Communities in the Hudson Bay Inland Sea Region This report assesses climate impacts and identifies key actions to improve resilience in the Hudson Bay Inland Sea region, with a focus on transportation and information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure.
- IISD Experimental Lakes Area Annual Report 2014-2015 The 2014-15 IISD Experimental Lakes Area annual report includes highlights from some members of staff and the board, as well as some stats from our first year and images of our 58 beautiful lakes and their watersheds.
- IISD Experimental Lakes Area (brochure) Want to know more about IISD Experimental Lakes Area—the world's freshwater laboratory? Take a look at our brochure!