David Uzsoki works as a sustainable finance and infrastructure specialist in IISD’s Public Procurement and Infrastructure Finance team within the Economic Law and Policy program. David applies his financial industry background in designing innovative financial solutions for projects with environmental and social impact. David’s work has focused on using green financial instruments such as green bonds in financing public-private partnerships (PPPs), deal structuring for sustainable infrastructure projects, risk management solutions for small and medium-sized enterprise loan securitization, green public procurement, improving bank financing for energy-efficient projects and supporting local currency financing in frontier countries.
- Credit Enhancement for Sustainable InfrastructureThe paper identifies the demand and supply-side barriers for upscaling credit enhancement solutions for sustainable infrastructure projects.
- Financing Soil Remediation: Exploring the use of financing instruments to blend public and private capitalA collection of 17 case studies on a variety of financing instruments that blend public and private capital that could be used to finance the remediation of contaminated soil.
- Infrastructure Banks: Solutions and best practicesThis discussion paper features infrastructure bank best practices and recommendations for countries exploring similar models to support their infrastructure pipelines.
- Biodiversity and Infrastructure: A better nexus?In this brief, the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) provide initial policy guidance for parties to consider prior to COP 14 in Egypt on how biodiversity mainstreaming can be reconciled with the infrastructure sector.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: Water infrastructureTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for water infrastructure.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: RoadsTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for road infrastructure.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: Energy infrastructureTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for energy infrastructure.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: BuildingsTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for buildings.
- Financing Infrastructure – How can multilateral development banks avoid crowding out institutional investors?David Uzsoki takes a look at the role multilateral development banks should play in financing infrastructure.
- The Role of Public Procurement in Deploying Sustainable InfrastructureThis report discusses how to maximise value-for-money when procuring sustainable infrastructure.
- Ideas and Solutions to Address the USD 50 Trillion Infrastructure Deficit: A contribution to the 2015 G-20 Summit, Antalya, TurkeyThe opportunity costs of not addressing the global infrastructure deficit are too high.According...
- How Green Public Procurement Contributes to Sustainable Development in ChinaBuilding on the results of the IISD Green Public Procurement (GPP) Model, consultations with stakeholders and an extensive literature review, this paper provides targeted recommendations addressing the development areas identified to improve GPP in China.
- Currency Risk in Project FinanceIn developing countries, international financing institutions (IFIs) often help finance key infrastructure projects, predominantly through hard currency loans.
- Green Bonds in Public-Private PartnershipsThis paper proposes green project bonds as an alternative way to finance “green” PPPs by engaging...